I have often gotten complaints that my houses are too big. Four bedrooms? Designed for how many Sims? 200k! Ah! I don't blame you one bit, and The Lauder is the answer to those concerns.
The Lauder is a small two bedroom, two bathroom home for a cheap price. It was playtested for three Sim years. Mainly to help get the insane price down, but also it leaves me 99% certain that everything works. I am very happy with this condensed home, it comes with a spacious living room, dining/kitchen in one, office, and a bathroom upstairs, with the bedrooms, additional bathroom and an aspiration rewards room tucked into the basement. I also have a starter version of this home that I would be willing to offer if people are interested to show where I started from. There are a few surprises tucked away, as usual, but not many. I wanted to see if I could play test the house down to a starter price, but the home stubbornly remains a little over twice that, and gave up after three years and that was my main preoccupation.
For giggles the original description used to sell this house plan:
The feeling of aloneness is almost entirely unknown in small, comfortable homes like The Lauder. Mental depression comes, as a rule, from tired nerves and unsightly surroundings. In the small home which has been provided with an abundance of light, life is more cheerful and housekeeping is a pleasure, provided the husband daily expresses his appreciation.
This lot features pre-set camera angles. Just hit numbers 4-7 to have good vantage points for playing all of the main areas of the lot.
4 - Basement
5 - First Floor
6 - Driveway & Front Sidewalk
7 - Pond & Grill
- Lightning Rod
- Master Bedroom (Double Bed, Dresser, Vanity)
- Bedroom (2 Beds, 2 Desks, Teddy Bear, Toy Box)
- Aspiration Rewards Room (Energizer, Cool Shades, Re-Nu-Yu Senso Orb, Sim Vac)
The First Floor
- Living Room (Phone, Coffee Table for Bills, Seating, Fireplace, Seating, TV, Stereo, Piano, Security Alarm)
- Kitchen (Refrigerator, Stove, Sinks, Trash Can, Smoke Alarm, Counters, Table & Chairs for 4)
- Office (Seating, Desk w/ Computer, Bookcase, Coffee Table w/ Thinking Caps, Mirror)
Please let me know if there are any problems with this lot.
These are merely recommendations, I know what the lot contains and what bugs might bite you with the current contents, most of these hacks are to either fix the bugs or prevent annoyances. Please read the manuals and only download the ones you think would work best for your game.
- Aspiration Charge Tweak (asprecharge.zip))
- Bed-Side Fix (bedsidefix.zip)
- Fish and Harvest Fix (fishandharvestfix.zip)
- No Bathroom Dishes (nobathroomdishes.zip)
- No Buskers (nobuskers.zip)
- Warmth Fixes (warmthfixes.zip)
Name: The Lauder
Size: Small (2 x 2)
Status: Furnished, Decorated, Landscaped
The lot was repackaged so there are no hacks and no custom content.
Posted by Bitsy at 12:21 PM Comments
Hy!I am from Bosnia.I look Your blog every day and it is beautifuul!My english is very bad,sory for it.:-((
Posted by: Amra on February 11, 2008 03:56 AM
Wuah, it looks great!
I love your houses. :DD
Posted by: Ilse on February 11, 2008 03:40 PM
Adorable. Downloaded this one too :D
Posted by: Emma on August 1, 2009 01:18 AM
- Please verify your humanity to post a comment.
- If you wish to subscribe to the post, leave a valid email address.
- Click "br" to insert a line break.