The Last Heir and My Final Score
I started blogging about the Windlings on Janurary 22nd of 2005. Now, nearly a year later, I'm finally finished telling their story. Or, at least the first part of it. I actually finished playing them a few months ago, but I am always behind like that when it comes to my challenges, it seems. One of my New Years Resolutions was to get better with that, which is why I haven't been playing the Datlows for the last month either. I am missing both families very much and am really ready to return to playing them asap.
For now though, Echo is ready to bring in the tenth generation.
And, here he is: Zeus Windling. He has dark skin, blond hair, and grey eyes. Similar and yet very different from the light skin, flaming hair and silver eyes of Gaia Windling, my founder. I am officially finished with this challenge! If you have never completed the challenge, I strongly recommend you do. It is a great feeling.
Some facts that I thought were unique to my legacy:
- I only had only two parties throughout the challenge. Both were wedding parties. One was a roof raiser, the other a disaster, they happened in that order too.
- Hermes Windling fulfilled the Sell A Masterpiece want 849 times throughout his life. (Learned this from Sim PE.) From teenhood through elderhood he sold all the paintings that the very full household could churn out. He was essentially perma-plat.
- Alec Windling had 47 friends by the end of the Legacy Challenge, more then any other Sim in the Challenge before. No, I do not intend on him keeping all of said friends. The majority of them are either Windlings he is living with or Windlings of past generations.
- There are a total of 25 Windling households in the neighborhood with 127 Windlings currently living in them.
- I was extemely lucky to have a total of four alien abductions throughout my legacy. These resulted in Hephaestus, Pan, Europa and Andromeda. All of which, eerily enough, consider themselves related to each other in more then one way due to their "other father".
- I was cursed with grouchy and sloppy Sims throughout my legacy. Zeus' personality ended up being 2 Neat, 10 Outgoing, 7 Active, 10 Playful, 1 Nice.
Now, on to the score!
Legacy Challenge Scorecard
Family Net Worth: §2,163,401
Platinum Graves: 17
Family Friends: 44
Impossible Wants: 47
Shrink Visits: 1
Inter-bred Births: 0
Career Reward Objects: 10
NPC's in Bloodline: 9
Free Roaming: Yes
Visitor Deaths: 0
Alien Births: 4
10th Generation Twins: No
2 Social Bunny Romance: Yes
Babies, Toddles, Children Taken by Social Worker: 0
Platinum Grave of all 5 Aspirations: Yes
Quintessential Sim Deity
Points I Didn't Claim:
- Prometheus was Best Friends w/ 5 NPCs
(Dosen't count as an Impossible Want)
- Maura had 20 Grandchildren
(I used the Quads Hack to get four of those children)
- Poseidon had 20 Grandchildren
(I used the Quads Hack to get most of those children)
Now, I'm ready to start the University Legacy Challenge. I'm not sure if I can continue in Ashton or not. Last time I was in the neighborhood the roofs of the houses began dancing, rotating in little circles and hopping from lot to lot. I'm going through and cleaning out my downloads, something I also strongly recommend people do, which I hope will help. I ended up cleaning out over 100 useless eye colors, tons of hair styles I will never use, skin tones that are either too explicit or too ridiculous, and have really slimmed down my clothing collection now that I can actually see the clothes and whether they are good or not. I'm not even out of CAS yet and already my game is loading much faster. I highly recommend this tutorial for doing it. It really helps you give yourself a swift kick in the buns and actually delete those downloads you know you will never use anyway and really speed up your game. Once I'm done with that I will begin playing my heir through childhood and then send him off to college. I am really excited about that!
Posted by Bitsy at 04:56 PM Comments
I'm so proud of you. Seriously. 130 points?? That's crazy. When I had to stop my Paloma family, I had a whopping 10! And I was already on the 8th generation. . .
Great job! I can't wait to see your new family!!
Posted by: Jessica on January 18, 2006 07:17 PM
Way to go! Wow, I'm only on G7 (hopefully next week G9 or something...) in my challenge, the first one is even only in G4 (I sort of don't like them any more...) but now I feel determined to finish both challenges before I start another one!
Posted by: Yicke on January 19, 2006 06:57 AM
Posted by: Annette on January 20, 2006 10:25 PM
130??? Holy cats! That's AWESOME. It definitely puts my measly 49 points or whatever to shame. You deserve the title of Quintessential Sim Deity! We're not worthy! ;-) I look forward to seeing Zeus go to college. And thanks for the tips on cleaning out downloads -- I need to do that very very soon.
Posted by: Jen on January 23, 2006 03:24 PM
- Please verify your humanity to post a comment.
- If you wish to subscribe to the post, leave a valid email address.
- Click "br" to insert a line break.